Contact & Location
Acknowledgement of Land and Sovereignty
The University of Iowa is located on the homelands of the Ojibwe/Anishinaabe (Chippewa), Báxoǰe (Iowa), Kiikaapoi (Kickapoo), Omāēqnomenēwak (Menominee), Myaamiaki (Miami), Nutachi (Missouri), Umoⁿhoⁿ (Omaha), Wahzhazhe (Osage), Jiwere (Otoe), Odawaa (Ottawa), Póⁿka (Ponca), Bodéwadmi/Neshnabé (Potawatomi), Meskwaki/Nemahahaki/Sakiwaki (Sac and Fox), Dakota/Lakota/Nakoda, Sahnish/Nuxbaaga/Nuweta (Three Affiliated Tribes) and Ho-Chunk (Winnebago) Nations. The following tribal nations, Umoⁿhoⁿ (Omaha Tribe of Nebraska and Iowa), Póⁿka (Ponca Tribe of Nebraska), Meskwaki (Sac and Fox of the Mississippi in Iowa), and Ho-Chunk (Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska) Nations continue to thrive in the State of Iowa and we continue to acknowledge them. As an academic institution, it is our responsibility to acknowledge the sovereignty and the traditional territories of these tribal nations, and the treaties that were used to remove these tribal nations, and the histories of dispossession that have allowed for the growth of this institution since 1847. Consistent with the University's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, understanding the historical and current experiences of Native peoples will help inform the work we do; collectively as a university to engage in building relationships through academic scholarship, collaborative partnerships, community service, enrollment and retention efforts acknowledging our past, our present and future Native Nations.
Created by University of Iowa’s Native American Council
- The University Counseling Service has two main campus locations.
- The Westside Location
- Westlawn on Newton Road (see MAP below).
- Entrance south of Student Health. Look for UCS sign in door window.
- Parking is available in the Newton Road Parking Ramp.
- Accessible parking options: Circle drive in front of Westlawn and circle drive to the south of Westlawn.
- Cambus routes (Bongo #0263): Red, Blue, Pentacrest, Research Park, Hawkeye Hospital and Hospital via Hancher.
- To view an accessibility and amenities map for Westlawn, click here.
- The Eastside Location
- University Capitol Centre, Suite 1950.
- Located on the 1st floor of the UCC, next to the food court and across the hall from the UI Quick Care Clinic.
- The Westside Location
- The UCS has five embedded locations:
Our telephone number is (319) 335-7294. Please call for further information or to schedule an initial appointment.
If you have comments or questions about our website, please contact our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College of Dentistry
The purpose of the University Counseling Service (UCS) at the College of Dentistry is to provide safe, confidential, compassionate support and mental health services to University of Iowa dental students and residents.Learn More
Department of Athletics
MISSION The mission of UCS Sport Psychology Services is to provide psychological services to University of Iowa student-athletes that foster mental health and well-being, promote success in educational and athletic goals, and contribute to a safe, welcoming, and multi-culturally aware athletics department and campus community.Learn More
Counseling for Students in University Housing While living on campus can be exciting and empowering, it can also come with many growing pains.Learn More
The College of Law
Studying Law is an exciting, affirming endeavor and the first step towards your chosen career.Learn More