Contact & Location
- The University Counseling Service has two main campus locations.
- The Westside Location
- 3223 Westlawn on Newton Road, west of the Iowa River (see MAP below).
- Entrance just south of the Student Health Service entrance. Use stairs at door #11 or elevator at door #12.
- Parking is available in the Newton Road Parking Ramp on the west side of the Westlawn building.
- Accessible parking options include the circle drive in front of Westlawn, the circle drive to the south of Westlawn which also serves the Nursing Building, and Newton Road Ramp.
- Cambus routes which stop at Westlawn (Bongo #0263) are Red, Blue, Pentacrest, Research Park, Hawkeye Hospital and Hospital via Hancher.
- To view an accessibility and amenities map for Westlawn, click here.
- The Eastside Location
- University Capitol Centre, Suite 1950.
- Located on the 1st floor of the UCC, next to the food court and across the hall from the UI Quick Care Clinic.
- The Westside Location
- The UCS also has offices in the following additional locations:
- Our telephone number is (319) 335-7294. Please call for further information or to schedule an initial appointment.
- For questions or comments about our services, please call us (319-335-7294) during regular business hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have urgent concerns, please call the Johnson County Crisis Line at (319) 351-0140.
- If you have comments or questions about our website, please contact our webmaster at email@example.com.
The College of Dentistry
The purpose of the University Counseling Service (UCS) at the College of Dentistry is to provide safe, confidential, compassionate support and mental health services to University of Iowa dental students and residents.
We believe that having an embedded location within the College of Dentistry allows us to have a unique opportunity to not only support student well-being and success through individual counseling; but also to provide consultation and outreach, increasing mind-body wellness throughout the college as a whole.
Department of Athletics
The mission of UCS Sport Psychology Services is to provide psychological services to University of Iowa student-athletes that foster mental health and well-being, promote success in educational and athletic goals, and contribute to a safe, welcoming, and multi-culturally aware athletics department and campus community. SERVICES
Sport Psychology Services provide confidential personal counseling, performance psychology services, and psychological rehabilitation from injury. Additionally, we provide consultation to coaching, medical, strength training, and administrative staff. Mental skills training and team building activities are also available for teams. We encourage collaboration with other staff as appropriate.
Counseling for Students in University Housing
While living on campus can be exciting and empowering, it can also come with many growing pains. Especially for those transitioning to college for the first time, living in the residence halls can present a number of new challenges like sharing a living space with someone else (perhaps for the first time), increased responsibility and autonomy, homesickness, and living away from your familiar support systems. Sometimes all of these difficulties add up, making it difficult to be successful and enjoy your college experience. If this sounds like you, you’re not alone.
The College of Law
Studying Law is an exciting, affirming endeavor and the first step towards your chosen career. Along with this excitement, Law school can also be overwhelming, resulting in significant increases in stress, anxiety, and other mental health concerns. But you are not alone and the University Counseling Service at the College of Law (UCS-CoL) is here to support you.Learn More