Student Advisory Board
The Student Advisory Board (SAB) consists of 10-12 undergraduate and graduate students from the University of Iowa who will use their experiences as a student to inform and contribute to key initiatives at University Counseling Service (UCS).
Interested in joining the University Counseling Service (UCS) Student Advisory Board? The SAB assists our staff in exploring the best ways to:
- Reach UI students
- Improve mental health services on campus
- Advertise our services
- Enrich our outreach work
- Contribute to the facilitation of outreach programs
- Expand our service publicity
- Reduce the stigma of mental health treatment
- Reach under-served UI populations
Past initiatives include:
- Therapists Are People?! podcast - focusing on destigmatizing mental health and therapy.
- Collegiate Recovery Program (CRP) - decreasing risky alcohol and drug use on campus.
- Suicide Prevention Task Force - decreasing risk of suicide on campus.
For more information, contact Heidi Schmitt, LISW at email@example.com.