Information for Parents

for parentsThank you for visiting the University Counseling Service web site.  We hope you find the information and resources available here helpful. 

The UCS is interested in working with parents to assure that their daughters and sons have a successful academic and personal experience here at The University of Iowa.  If you have any questions about any of the resources or information available here, or if you would simply like to speak with a UCS representative about any concern you might have, please call (319) 335-7294.

Click on a link to learn more about a service or resource:

Important Links:

Disability Accommodations

The University of Iowa is committed to providing suitable academic accommodations to any qualified student with a disability. Student Disability Services, located in Burge Hall, evaluates documentation pertaining to disabilities, including learning disabilities and Attention Deficit Disorder. After a documentation review, accommodations may be authorized for the student. For more information on this review process and academic accommodations you can contact the office of Student Disability Services at (319) 335-1462.